My Favorite Foods Yesterday And Today

I love food and always have. I enjoy cooking and also trying out new recipes.
I still use some of the old recipes that my mother used when I was a child growing up and want to preserve them for others to enjoy also.
I like trying new things; but don't have a lot of patience for playing around with recipes that take forever to prepare.
Hope you enjoy reading the recipes and trying them too.

Index

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bran Muffins

I love bran muffins, they are my fast food and I eat them at any time of the day.
I have no idea where I got this recipe.

Bran Muffins

1 ½ cups wheat bran ( not cereal, real wheat bran either regular or toasted)
1 cup buttermilk ( I can't get buttermilk where I live in Mexico so just use regular milk and they turn out well)
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
2/3 cup brown sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ cup raisins or any dried fruit ( I sometimes used dried cranberries) or if your family doesn't like the fruit in them just leave it out.

Mix bran and milk and let stand for 10 minutes. Beat together oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and add to milk mixture.
Sift flour, powder, soda, salt and add to milk mixture.
Fold in raisins and nuts and spoon into greased muffin pan or use the paper muffin liner cups.
Makes about 12, depending on the size of your muffin pan.

Bake: 375 oven for 15 to 20 minutes.


No comments: