My Favorite Foods Yesterday And Today

I love food and always have. I enjoy cooking and also trying out new recipes.
I still use some of the old recipes that my mother used when I was a child growing up and want to preserve them for others to enjoy also.
I like trying new things; but don't have a lot of patience for playing around with recipes that take forever to prepare.
Hope you enjoy reading the recipes and trying them too.

Index

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I believe that I found this recipe on the website Allrecipes. It is a good tasting cookie.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
2 tsp. hot water
½ tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Cream butter and sugars, beat in eggs and add vanilla. Dissolve soda in the hot water and add to the batter along with salt. Add flour and chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Note: I don't bother with the nuts as we prefer our chocolate chip cookies without them, I add a bit more flour instead. I usually spray PAM on my cookie sheets even when the recipe says "ungreased sheet".

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until done depending on your stove.
(My stove is the cheapest/smallest Mabe (Mexican brand) gas stove that you can get, so I need to watch things in the oven carefully as the temperature tends to fluctuate a lot.)


No comments: