My Favorite Foods Yesterday And Today

I love food and always have. I enjoy cooking and also trying out new recipes.
I still use some of the old recipes that my mother used when I was a child growing up and want to preserve them for others to enjoy also.
I like trying new things; but don't have a lot of patience for playing around with recipes that take forever to prepare.
Hope you enjoy reading the recipes and trying them too.

Index

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chocolate Pudding Cake ll

I got this recipe off of the Allrecipes website and tried it. When I lived in Canada I used to buy this type of cake desert mix in a box and prepare it. (It was one of the few boxed type things that I used to make as I am not in love with the preservatives that the prepared type foods have in them.) Since moving to Mexico I hadn't had it as there are few boxed pre-prepared type products available in our town. This is mostly a good thing and I don't miss not having things like that available as I rarely used them in Canada anyway.


Chocolate Pudding Cake ll



Cake Batter



1 cup flour

3/4 cup white sugar

2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder

2 tsp. baking powder

¼ tsp. salt

½ cup milk

2 Tbs. oil

1 tsp. vanilla



Sauce Mix


3/4 cup brown sugar

¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 ½ cups boiling water


Recipe says to use an ungreased 9 " cake pan, I sprayed a bit of Pam in mine to keep it from sticking.


Stir together the flour, white sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add milk, oil and vanilla. Mix with fork until smooth and smooth out in pan.


Sprinlke with brown sugar and cocoa. Pour the boiling water over top.


Bake in a 350 degree oven until cake part is cooked. The recipe says 40 minutes; but mine only takes about 20 minutes so watch and adjust baking time to your oven.


Let stand 15 minutes.

Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.


No comments: