My Favorite Foods Yesterday And Today

I love food and always have. I enjoy cooking and also trying out new recipes.
I still use some of the old recipes that my mother used when I was a child growing up and want to preserve them for others to enjoy also.
I like trying new things; but don't have a lot of patience for playing around with recipes that take forever to prepare.
Hope you enjoy reading the recipes and trying them too.

Index

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Corndogs

Corndogs were never on my menu in Canada, I think they are more of a USA food. Nevertheless I wanted to try this recipe off of the Allrecipe site and so the other day I did. Naturally I made homemade french fries to go with them.
I use Rosarito brand meat hot dogs as I do not like the chicken or turkey hot dogs.
I am not able to buy cornmeal where I live in Mexico; but the bagged Maseca works fine for most things that call for cornmeal.

Corndogs
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup white sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 - 16 oz. packages of hot dogs (weiners)
Mix dry ingredients, add egg and milk. If you have sticks stick them into one long end of the weiner. I don't bother buying them for us; but if you have children you might want to. Roll wieners in batter until covered and deep fry until golden.

No comments: